Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

We started this week off with a fun trip to the zoo. We all had a great time. We started the trip with the monkeys, but Sydney got a little creeped out in there, so we moved on to other animals. We even got a special treat of watching the zoo keepers train the elephants. I think Carla and I were impressed with that, but the kids were more interested in getting elephant stamps!!! After that we moved on to see the lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). The animals must have thought it was hot outside too, because they were all lounging in the water to keep cool. Then, we tried to feed the birds, but I guess they weren't hungry! That is probably what happens when you give all the zoo members coupons for free bird sticks! After the birds, we hung out with the penguins awhile. The kids enjoyed watching them swim, and the mommies enjoyed the air conditioning. After a V~E~R~Y long wait, we finished up the zoo with a ride on the carousel. When we finally got on, it was all worth it to see the kids smiles.

So, it was another successful trip to the zoo, and we finished it up with a picnic with Daddy! I think we might wait til September for our next zoo trip....either that, or come prepared with more water and sunscreen.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Yes, next time there will need to be more water and fans or something! And I agree..their smiles on the horses made it worth the wait. But, oh was it a long wait!!

    ReplyDelete