With the memory of Sydney’s door-locking mischief on Mothers Day still fresh in our minds, what could she do for an encore? Thankfully, both she and Alex decided that Daddy didn’t need such drama on Fathers Day.
Sleeping late is kind of a rarity for me because Alex is the first one up and he usually gets Daddy up instead of Momma. Not sure if Leslie has been secretly programming him that way for years or not but it’s actually good with me. I am much more of a morning person than Leslie (a fact that she will freely admit.) But it’s Fathers Day and I got to sleep until 9 and was awakened to the sounds and smells of breakfast-in-bed (almost). In case you didn’t know, it’s difficult to impossible to balance a plate of eggs and biscuits with gravy on a bed with a bounding 5-year-old and a squirming 3-year-old. So, breakfast in the living room was a good alternative. A big thanks to Leslie for breakfast, because she is not a fan of breakfast, especially of eggs, so it really meant a lot.
Off to church to work the nursery with a rowdy pre-K class but it was a fun time.
I love Freebirds, so that as a dinner option was ideal and very well received…by my stomach. Leslie asked what I wanted to do for Fathers Day and being that the day is about being a father, I wanted to have little movie night with the kids. This is particularly up Alex’s alley because that boy would eat popcorn every day for every meal if we’d let him. We hadn’t seen Bolt but I had heard that is was cute and funny, so that was on tap. It was exactly that too. I highly recommend it as a great family movie with genuine humor. Probably as close to a Pixar movie that Disney has gotten without Pixar actually being involved.
While it didn’t seem like the kids were too enthralled, they both immediately asked to watch it again. I think Sydney has a new favorite movie, as she calls it “Boat.” The movie was followed by the standard bike ride/RC car session before retiring for the evening.
All in all, this was exactly what I wanted and they delivered. Thanks to Leslie, Alex and Sydney. My family is “FULLY AWESOME” as Rhino the hamster would say.
Daron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment