Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Can I just start by saying that I love fall! I love everything about it....the weather, the decorations, the beginning of the holidays. I love every minute of it!

And, what would Halloween be without a trip to the pumpkin patch? Thanks to the rain that we have had lately, it was a bit slushier than we would have liked. Unfortunately, that prevented Alex from getting to play in the hay maze. But, all was well once we started on the hunt for just the right pumpkins. The kids as usual ran around like crazy in rows and rows of pumpkins. Surprisingly, not too crowded when we got there but boy, did that change as it got closer to lunch time.

Five small pumpkins and one big pumpkin later we had wrapped up another successful year at the pumpkin patch. Because the rest of our Saturday was full, we had to wait until Sunday to get to carving. Alex helped draw on his pumpkin's face and cut a couple of holes before deciding he was done with it. Sydney didn't quite make it that long. So, Daron carved two and I carved three. The kids were still really happy with their jack-o-lanterns and Daron is super proud of his because he didn't use a stencil.


No comments:

Post a Comment