Friday, October 23, 2009

Kindergarten Field Trip

Well, today we we officially crossed another day of firsts. Our first field trip and Alex's first trip on the school bus. It started early in the morning as we met up to get our list of students and to load the kids on the bus. The parents all hopped in their cars and took off to the zoo. (A note to anyone who wants a quiet day at the zoo....NEVER go on Fridays, because there was at least another 5 schools there as well). After finally getting everyone through the gate, we broke off into groups and headed out. We stuck with some friends of ours and ended up with 7 kids between 3 moms. It was very manageable and a great group of kids. We started off and saw the monkeys, gorillas, cheetahs, warthogs, zebras, giraffes, hippos, and elephants (all in the first 30 minutes). And then like clockwork, when 10:30 hit (their normal lunchtime) all of the kids were starving and so we decided to trek to the picnic tables for lunch. After trying 2 different tables and being attacked by bees at both, we settled for a quiet corner off the sidewalk and sat down for a picnic. After a quick break, we were off to see some more animals. It was a great afternoon and I even went in the building with the snakes and bats! What can I say....there were alot of boys in our group! So, I took one for the team, and surprisingly wasn't that creeped out. So, it was back to the school where some of the kindergartners fell asleep on the bus and had to be carried in by the teachers. I think they speak for all of us, as I am sure that all the chaperones will sleep like babies this evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment